Strawberry Jam is an amazing treat to have. Strawberries have plenty of health uses. They have antioxidant properties. We can preserve the benefits and taste of strawberries in the form of jam. This post is mostly concerned with Diet strawberry jam. As diabetes is wide spread so those patients can safely use this product. Recipe of Diet Strawberry Jam is given below.
Batch Size = 1 Kg (You can increase or decrease the ingredients according to your own batch requirements).
Ingredients of Diet Strawberry Jam
- Fresh Strawberries (0.5 Kg)
- Water (0.5 L)
- Low Methoxy Pectin (13g)
- Sodium Benzoate (6g) optional ingredient
- Sucralose (Splenda)
- Calcium Chloride
- Citric acid or Lemon Juice
Recipe of Diet Strawberry Jam
- Take half kg strawberries and crush them in a container.
- Add the given amount of water and mix it thoroughly with the strawberries. If possible blend the misture.
- Then subject this mixture to boiling for about 10 minutes.
- During boiling, add LM (Low methoxy pectin). This is a special type of pectin which ensure the required degree brix and consistency in the absence of sugar. Do remember that we are making a diet strawberry jam.
- Simultaneously add Sodium benzoate and sucralose in the boiling mixture along with CaCl2. Calcium chloride helps in making a good structure of jam.
- After the required boiling, transfer the hot product in small containers. Immediately seal and invert for 5 minutes.
- The proceed to cool the containers.
- Diet Strawberry jam is prepared.
Note: For Low Methoxy Pectin, 1 to 80 degree brix works and pH of 3.2 to 3.7 is maintained.